Who is Navigator Biochem, and what do we do?
For more than a decade, Navigator Biochem has expertly sourced agricultural products that add value to our customers and cater to their changing needs. Over the years, our deep involvement inside the agriculture industry has provided us with incredible insights into farmers’ challenges on a day-to-day and season-to-season basis.
As a result of this knowledge, we actively partner with our customers in our quest to improve food quality for the consumer and optimise output yield for our farmers.
How do we use science to achieve consistent optimised output yield?
Navigator’s strength lies in its ability to address the skills gap between technical research and the development and commercial marketing of our solutions and products. Science is viewed as supporting our partners’ commercial outlooks but is the rooted backbone for our customer’s net growth. Better Chemistry for all. Agriculture, not only in South Africa, but the world over is becoming a focus for nations and food sustainability is the topic high on the agendas of most governments. Farming producers and manufacturers have become very scientific in their respective farming disciplines, demanding better-designed products backed by excellent technical assistance, whenever required.
How can Navigator Biochem help you?
Navigator Biochem continuously strives to be at the cutting edge of technical advances and believes in the constant improvement of the skills required for genetics and biochemistry. We aim to continually lead the way in new agricultural, food and human health developments worldwide.
What products are in the Navigator Biochem portfolio?
Navigator Biochem’s product portfolio is spread between Animals, Plants and People.
Here is a brief overview of each product:
|Navigator Biochem Product||Brief Description|
|NaviSAN™||Broad-spectrum surface sanitiser|
|NaviKREM™||A powerful disinfectant that offers protection over a wide range of organisms including Gram-positive, Gram-negative bacteria, fungi, moulds and yeast and viruses|
|NaviPLUS™||Advanced washing and cleaning products for the FARMING and the VALUE ADD AGRI INDUSTRY to ensure maximised hygiene|
|NaviGEN™||All-purpose detergent (formerly poultry house foam wash. NaviPRO and NaviGEN now fall under the NaviGEN label group)|
|NaviPA™||Abattoir sanitiser disinfectant|
|NaviSpray™||Alcohol-based hand sanitiser|
|NaviSole™, NaviPure™, NaviCrate™, NaviPrime™ and NaviAutoX™||Cleaning and disinfection products for agriculture (other industries)|
What is Navigator Biochem’s mission statement?
To achieve sustainable growth through consistent output yield
What about the science behind Navigator Biochem products?
At Navigator, it is all about the science and ensuring all our products are formulated based on sound scientific protocols. We spend a lot of time in the laboratory ensuring the efficacy of our products and that, wherever possible, we certify our products in line with local regulations.
What about the evolutionary nature of legal regulations and regulatory guidelines around our products?
Navigator Biochem, not only ensures that all its products adhere to all local regulations, but that is aligned to all the latest guidelines and updates provided by key players in the health industry including (but not limited to) the:
• National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS),
• South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA)
• National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications (NRCS)
What protocols do we suggest when using NaviFOG?
Fogging or spraying a workplace should only be conducted by a reputable specialist deep cleaning service provider with the relevant skills and expertise and not a general cleaner, laboratory-based cleaner or staff member. If required, a cleaner (laboratory-based or general) should receive formal training on conducting deep cleaning and must be deemed competent before conducting deep cleaning of the workplace.
Please note simply fogging cannot replace a greater issue where proper cleaning is required.
What about sensitive environments?
Please follow the details in Navigator Biochem labels and datasheets in order to ensure the use and application of products is done as indicated. In some high-risk environments (hospitals, clinics, doctors rooms etc.), Navigator Biochem products should not be used unless clearly defined on the product label. Biosecurity is an intricate process whereby many steps must be followed correctly and accurately prior to using any disinfecting agent, ingredients, biocide or disinfectant, in order to be effective.
It is advisable to confirm all relevant cleaning protocols beforehand with the manager of the sensitive environment, as relevant, to ensure that all biosecurity measures are correctly followed.
What is a useful guideline for when spraying and fogging disinfection is recommended?
Spraying environmental surfaces in both health-care and non-healthcare settings such as patient households with disinfectants may not be effective in removing organic material and may miss surfaces shielded by objects, folded fabrics or surfaces with intricate designs.
If spraying is permitted, then cleaning must occur beforehand and be followed as per the WHO cleaning guidelines in the last FAQ.
What protocols do we recommend when using NaviPLUS products?
- We recommend following WHO cleaning guidelines as set out below:
- Surfaces must be cleaned with water and soap or a detergent first to remove dirt, followed by disinfection.
- Cleaning should always start from the least soiled (cleanest) area to the most soiled (dirtiest) area in order to not spread the dirt to areas that are less soiled.
- Disinfectant solutions should always be prepared in well-ventilated areas. Wash your hands after using any disinfectant, including surface wipes. Keep lids tightly closed when not in use. Spills and accidents are more likely to happen when containers are open.
- Do not allow children to use disinfectant wipes.
- Keep cleaning fluids and disinfectants out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away disposable items like gloves and masks if they are used during cleaning. Do not clean and re-use.
- The disinfectant and its concentration should be carefully selected to avoid damaging surfaces and to avoid or minimize toxic effects on household members (or users of public spaces).
- Avoid combining disinfectants, such as bleach and ammonia, since mixtures can cause respiratory irritation and release potentially fatal gases.
- Keep children, pets and other people away during the application of the product until it is dry and there is no odour.
- Open windows and use fans to ventilate. Step away from odours if they become too strong. Disinfectant solutions should always be prepared in well-ventilated areas.
What protocols do we follow when conducting routine and deep cleaning of workplaces when Covid-19 positive cases have been identified?
We follow the guidance notes provided by the National Health Laboratory Service as set out in the attached link: https://www.nioh.ac.za/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Cleaning-guidelines-for-workplaces12-June-2020.docx.pdf
What protocols should be followed when using NaviKREM?
- Once applied NaviKREM must be rinsed before re-use of the area to which it was applied.
- NaviKREM is NOT suitable for no-rinse applications.
- No persons or animals to re-enter space until rinsing has taken place.
- NaviKREM is NOT to be applied whilst any persons, animals, children, pets or others are within the area to be sprayed (high-pressure systems).
- All correct PPE must be worn.
Check the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet before using the product.
What about Navigator Biochem’s intellectual property?
Navigator Biochem’s trademarks are used to distinguish the company and its products and services from those of others. Our partners and customers have come to rely on the Navigator Biochem name as being synonymous with high-quality products for animal, people and places.
The following list is a non-exhaustive list of Navigator Biochem’s trademarks and/or registered trademarks. Navigator Chemicals™, Yield Plus™, Yield+™, Yield NaviPLUS™, Yield+Gene™, NAVIGATOR BIOCHEM™, NAVIPLUS™, NaviFOG™, NaviAIR™, the Navigator picture logo, and any other trademarks as may be notified on Navigator’s website from time to time, are proprietary trademarks of Navigator and protected by applicable South African copyright and trademark laws.
The trademarks may be used only under agreement with Navigator Biochem and subject to Navigator Biochem’s express prior written consent.
Are these FAQ's subject to a disclaimer?
Yes, these FAQs are subject to a disclaimer. See below:
Disclaimer. These FAQs represent some of the questions that we frequently get asked in some (but not all) of our product areas. The answers are not intended to cover all questions nor to constitute advice for any particular question, issue or concern, nor do they create any duty on our part. The information, however, is intended to be helpful and guide through the world of Navigator Biochem. You should always use our products in accordance with their labels, the Material Safety Data Sheet and all the usual safety regulations.
Our door is always open if you have a specific need or question.